Call for Application
Prime Minister’s Fellowship for Doctoral Research
Apply online at www.serbficci-iirrada.in
The Prime Minister’s Fellowship for Doctoral Research is the highest paid fellowship available to a PhD candidate offered by Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB) and implemented by Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI). 100 slots of fellowships are available annually for scholars pursuing PhD in reputed technology and research institutions in India. The scheme encourages full time PhD scholars to pursue research in “focus areas” identified by industries as well as of national priorities.
· Indian National
· Full time PhD registered with any academic or research institution offering PhD degree
· Apply within 14 months of PhD admission/registration whichever date is earlier
· Complete all required academic qualification in past
· Have an industry partner to sponsor 50% of the fellowship (Rs.4 lakhs per annum approx.)
Selection Process :
· Final selection for the award of SERB’s Prime Minister’s Fellowship for Doctoral Research will be done following a rigorous selection process
Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
· The IP ownership will be mutually decided by partnering academic institution, PhD scholar and the sponsoring industry. SERB & FICCI will hold no right on IP (if any) generated out of the PhD research.
- Awarded scholars will undergo periodic review on progress of their research work and achievement of milestones. Scholars will showcase their work during the review meetings.
- Candidates may apply for the SERB’s Prime Minister’s Fellowship for Doctoral Research Scheme at any time of the year at www.serbficci-iirrada.in
The scheme provides opportunity to PhD candidate to work closely with an industry partner in the defined focus areas. The candidate define his research agenda/ topic in mutual consultation with the sponsoring Industry and the academic guide. The selected candidate will be awarded fellowship of Rs. 8.7 lakhs per annum for four years and this amount is equally shared between SERB and partnering industry.