- Ph.D. Research Assistant Position Opening September 18, 2019
- Welcome to Dr. Prashant K Tiwari on joining EED as Assistant Professor August 30, 2019
- Recruitment for PhD in Electrical Engineering of IIT Indore August 29, 2019
- Prof. Asheesh Kr. Singh takes over as Head, EED July 11, 2019
- Congratulations to all the M.Tech. students who completed their thesis July 8, 2019
- Congratulations to Prof. R. K. Singh for selection on HAG scale July 8, 2019
- Photography competition to select photographs for cover page / inner pages of Institute Calendar July 6, 2019
Ph.D. Research Assistant Position Opening
One research assistant position is available for self-motivated and qualified Ph.D student for Spring 2020 in Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at Mississippi State University (MSU). If you are interested in this opportunity, please send me an email with your (1) resume, (2) area of research interest, (3) experience in the area, and (4) long term research plan beyond Ph.D study. Here is the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The area of interest includes electric motor design and control, wide bandgap power converter design and control, fault diagnosis of power electronics, electric machine, battery, and broader micro grid with strong mathematical background in optimization, signal processing, detection & estimation, and artificial intelligence.
MSU is the highest-ranked research university in the State of Mississippi. The Bagley College of Engineering is MSU’s third largest college. It ranks 51st among all engineering colleges nationally in research and development expenditures according to the National Science Foundation. U.S. With an enrollment representing all 50 states and over 75 foreign countries, Mississippi State truly is an outstanding choice for tomorrow’s scholars and leaders.
Laboratory Homepage: http://peesl.blogspot.com
Department web page: http://www.ece.msstate.edu/
University web page: https://www.msstate.edu/
Graduate admission web page: https://www.grad.msstate.edu/admissions/
Reg. Recruitment for PhD in Electrical Engineering of IIT Indore in September 28-29, 2019
This is to kindly inform you that we are going to recruit PhD students during September 28-29, 2019 in Electrical Engineering at IIT Indore. The PhD advertisement is available at the web-link:
For more details, you may refer to: https://academic.iiti.ac.in/phdadvt.php
Our research group, Hybrid Nanodevice Research Group (HNRG), works in advanced devices in Renewbale Energy, HEMT/ HFET/ RF/ RRAMs/ Neuromorphic Computing (http://iiti.ac.in/people/~shaibal/). HNRG has been involved in strong collaborative research activities with industries and institutions in India (Intel, EnviroWisers, IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, CEERI Pilani, RRCAT etc.) and in USA, Russia, France, Japan, Australia, Sweden, and Germany. Bright and inspired candidates, having a background in Physics/ Materials Science/ Electronics/ Computer Science& Engineering are strongly encouraged to apply.
Former PhD graduates from HNRG are successfully placed in IIT Patna, IIIT Pune, IITRAM, DIAT, SNU, and IIIT Una (http://people.iiti.ac.in/~shaibal/history.php). Information regarding awards and achievements obtained by HNRGmembers may be obtained at http://people.iiti.ac.in/~shaibal/awards.php and/or http://people.iiti.ac.in/~shaibal/news.php.
The format of recommendation letter to be used, as mentioned in the PhD advertisement (as detailed above) is also enclosed.
You are requested to kindly disseminate the information in your discipline / institute / organization and encourage interested students to apply for PhD program. Candidates interested to pursue PhD, especially with CSIR/UGC JRF or DST INSPIRE or equivalent fellowship are strongly encouraged to send their detailed resume/CV and Statement of Purpose to me.
Thank you very much.
Associate Professor, Electrical Engineering,
Indian Institute of Technology Indore
Khandwa Road, Simrol, Indore
Pin code 453552, Madhya Pradesh, India
Tel: +91-7324 306551 (O),
Fax: +91-731-2361482, +1-484-2317876
Call for Application
Prime Minister’s Fellowship for Doctoral Research
Apply online at www.serbficci-iirrada.in
The Prime Minister’s Fellowship for Doctoral Research is the highest paid fellowship available to a PhD candidate offered by Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB) and implemented by Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI). 100 slots of fellowships are available annually for scholars pursuing PhD in reputed technology and research institutions in India. The scheme encourages full time PhD scholars to pursue research in “focus areas” identified by industries as well as of national priorities.
· Indian National
· Full time PhD registered with any academic or research institution offering PhD degree
· Apply within 14 months of PhD admission/registration whichever date is earlier
· Complete all required academic qualification in past
· Have an industry partner to sponsor 50% of the fellowship (Rs.4 lakhs per annum approx.)
Selection Process :
· Final selection for the award of SERB’s Prime Minister’s Fellowship for Doctoral Research will be done following a rigorous selection process
Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
· The IP ownership will be mutually decided by partnering academic institution, PhD scholar and the sponsoring industry. SERB & FICCI will hold no right on IP (if any) generated out of the PhD research.
- Awarded scholars will undergo periodic review on progress of their research work and achievement of milestones. Scholars will showcase their work during the review meetings.
- Candidates may apply for the SERB’s Prime Minister’s Fellowship for Doctoral Research Scheme at any time of the year at www.serbficci-iirrada.in
The scheme provides opportunity to PhD candidate to work closely with an industry partner in the defined focus areas. The candidate define his research agenda/ topic in mutual consultation with the sponsoring Industry and the academic guide. The selected candidate will be awarded fellowship of Rs. 8.7 lakhs per annum for four years and this amount is equally shared between SERB and partnering industry.
Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in the Medical Image Processing Group of the National Institute of Technology Karnataka(NITK), Surathkal, Mangalore, Karnataka leading to the award of a PhD degree in the areas of Medical Image Processing. This research project is funded by the SERB-DST, Govt. of India.
Salary: 31,000/- month (First and Second Years) and 35,000/- month (Third Year)
It would be a good opportunity for M.Tech/MS (Electronics and Communication Engineering with Signal and Image Processing Specialization and GATE/NET qualified is compulsory ) candidates to initiate the research project. Please go through the detailed advertisement. Please find the attachment.
Note:- The candidate is entitled to register for Ph.D. at NITK, Surathkal.
The last date for application is June 28, 2019.
Dear Sir/ Madam,
I shall appreciate your effort to forward the attached “Call for Application” regarding the recent project opening in the Department of Computer Science & Engineering, IIT Kharagpur sponsored by MHRD, Government of India under IMPRINT initiative to your students and other contacts.
Link of the advertisement: http://www.iitkgp.ac.in/tempor
With best regards,
out in coordination with other research organizations and industry.
Advertisement for the recruitment of Non-Teaching posts at NIT, Kurukshetra